Saturday, October 5, 2013

August's Composer of the Month

Ludwig van Beethoven
December 16, 1770 - March 26, 1827 
Romantic Period

We started the year off with many of the world's favorite composer-Beethoven. Students learned what a composer is, about Beethoven's rough childhood, and how going deaf affected his music. We learned about and listened to his Fifth Symphony, 9th Symphony, and Moonlight Sonata. In order for student's to remember the piece of the day, we listen to it at least twice and in different ways in order to get it stuck in our brains. Technology is fantastic because I can show kids so much more than what I'm able to bring into my classroom like full orchestras and so much more! Students ask me at least once a day if I can give them the web address so they can re-watch videos at home, so I promised I'd put them on my blog. So here they are:






5th Symphony- 
9th Symphony-
Moonlight Sonata-

No comments:

Post a Comment